Why do we collect personal information?
OHQ only collects personal information from you if that information is reasonably necessary for or directly related to, one or more of OHQ’s functions and activities. For example, we collect your personal information to enable us to provide you with the capability and services you are seeking to manage your own business.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information that we may collect include details of your name, date of birth, street address, email address, telephone number that we may direct your calls to and a cell phone number that we can send notification messages to and credit card and bank account details.
OHQ may also collect and store your client username information and password when you register and subscribe on the Website.
From time to time, you may be able to visit the Website anonymously or deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, as we require certain personal information such as your name, current e-mail address, postcode and gender to be able to provide you with our services, if you do not provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with access to those services.
How do we collect personal information?
We will only collect personal information which you have voluntarily provided to us, or consented to us collecting.
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways. For example, when you:
- register for a client account on our Website (“Client Account”) – we need to collect your name, contact information and, when we ask you to set up a Client Account, we collect your username identification and password;
- order or purchase services on our Website – we need to collect your name, contact information (in particular an email address), your credit or debit card number and the card’s expiry date;
- subscribe to our newsletter or mailing list;
- respond to a survey we may conduct, or fill out a form or similar;
- enter into competitions or promotions; or
- contact us – for example, telephone calls may be recorded for training, quality and business purposes and, if so, you will be informed of this at the commencement of the call and given the opportunity not to proceed with the call or not have the call recorded.
We may also collect personal information:
- from our authorized resellers;
- from publicly available sources of information, such as market research providers;
- from third party companies such as law enforcement agencies and other government entities; and
- when you visit our website, Facebook page or any other webpages that we own or manage.
We will only collect your personal information from third parties if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect that personal information from you directly. If and when we do collect personal information from third parties, we will take reasonable steps to inform you.
- site performance identifiers: these give OHQ information about how our Website is used. This helps us provide you with a more user-friendly experience.
- analytics cookies: we may use these to gather statistics about our Website. For example, they help us monitor how many users are on the Website, and what sections are most popular.
- advertising cookies: we may use these cookies to improve our understanding of the kind of advertising that may be relevant to you.
You can clear cookies or digital identifiers from your device and also disable future use of them by changing the security settings on your web browser. However, doing this might mean that parts of the Website may not work as intended.
How and what do we use your personal information for?
By submitting your personal information to OHQ and by using the Website, you agree that OHQ may obtain, hold and use your information for the purposes of providing you with products or services and for its internal business purposes
Any of the personal information we collect may be used in any one or more of the following ways related to providing you with the quality products and services you requested:
- Processing transactions and managing your Client Account – your personal information will allow us to process any orders and transactions you make for products and services and to generate and send you bills, invoices, receipts and otherwise manage your Client Account with OHQ;
- Managing your OHQ receptionist service – your personal information will allow our OHQ team to provide you with tailored and relevant services, for example, when answering and receiving calls or messages or making appointments on your behalf;
- Personalising your customer experience– your personal information will help us to better respond to your individual client needs and requests;
- Protecting the security of our website and business– your financial information will only be used to process transactions, charge the appropriate subscription fees in accordance with our terms and conditions and to meet our obligations under privacy and fraud legislation;
- Managing your concerns and our customer services – we may use your personal information to contact you when responding to your enquiries or complaints and other customer care services or activities and support needs;
- Keeping you informed – we may use your email address to send you information and updates relating to your transactions and your Client Account, as well as to send you occasional company news, updates and related or new product and service information;
- Conducting contests, promotions, surveys and other site features – your personal information will assist us to provide you with opportunities to participate in various promotional activities and other site features to enhance your experience with OHQ; and
- For any other purposes that would be reasonably expected to allow us to comply with our obligations under the law.
If OHQ uses your personal information for any other purpose, we will obtain your consent to use that personal information, if and when required.
How do I unsubscribe from marketing materials?
If you would rather not receive communications about our latest products and services, changes to products and services, company information or promotional opportunities, you can opt out. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails of this kind, you can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email.
However, please be aware that we will still need your essential personal information to assist in the management of your Client Account, purchases and in providing you the services you require.
Do we disclose any of your personal information?
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. OHQ uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
eWAY (Web Active Corporation Pty Ltd)
eWAY act in the capacity as a processor on our behalf and use your credit card information to process payment of your invoices for OHQ’s services. For more information about eWAY, please read their privacy notice at https://www.eway.com.au/legal#privacy
Macquarie Telecom (Macquarie Telecom Group Limited and Macquarie Telecom Pty Ltd)
Macquarie Telecom act in the capacity as a processor on our behalf with respect to the storage of your personal data. OHQ’s server, storage and network security infrastructure is hosted and managed by Macquarie Telecom. For more information about Macquarie Telecom, please read their privacy notice at https://macquarietelecom.com/privacy-policy/
MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC)
Where we do provide your personal information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient protects your privacy.
This may include disclosure both within and outside Australia to:
- Our third party service and content providers, such as payment processors, authorized resellers, agents, contractors and advisors;
- Our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- Law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- Regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of customer complaints or disputes both internally and externally; and
- Any other person or for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected.
Occasionally, the information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to OHQ staff and third parties working outside of Australia, for example employees of our foreign subsidiary entities in order to deliver you with after-hours receptionist services.
Where we do disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, these recipients are most likely to be located in the United States or the United Kingdom. This list of countries is not exhaustive.
In the event that your personal information is disclosed outside Australia, you acknowledge that by providing us with your personal information, you consent to such overseas disclosure. By consenting to such disclosure, you acknowledge that:
- OHQ will not be accountable under any relevant law, for any breach of your privacy by the overseas recipient; and
- you will not be able to seek redress under law against OHQ for any breach of your privacy by an overseas recipient.
What security measures does OHQ use to protect your personal information?
OHQ takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
- Use of a Cisco firewall with up-to-date rules to restrict private and public access as well as limiting/eradicating potential threats, such as denial of service attacks
- Password protected access to all systems providing the level of access required to fulfill a function
- Constant system patching and software upgrades as well as up-to-date virus definitions to eliminate threats
- Encryption of highly confidential data
- The use of SSL (secure sockets layer) and TLS (transport layer security) where appropriate to maintain a high level of security
In order to protect your information, we implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you make a transaction on the Website, or enter, submit or access your personal information via your Client Account. For example, we use a secure server for online credit card transactions with up to date encryption methods. Information on this secure server is not available to OHQ staff.
However, by its nature, we cannot guarantee that information transmitted on the internet is 100% secure. By providing us with your personal information and continuing to use the Website to make transactions, you agree and acknowledge that OHQ shall not be liable to you or any other person for any of the following:
- Performance, security, reliability and your competence in using the internet, telecommunication companies, and internet service providers in transmitting information;
- The confidentiality of your Client Account password and the use of the OHQ messaging by third parties for any reason. You are responsible for your own password security and must ensure that this password is not disclosed to any third party, for whatever reason; and
- Security of any information transmitted on the internet.
How do we maintain the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you?
OHQ aims to take all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information we collect, hold, use and disclose about you is accurate, up to date and complete.
However, the accuracy of your personal information is largely reliant on the quality of the information you provide to us. To ensure that we always have your most current and accurate personal information, please update your details as soon as possible when your information changes via your online Client Account or contact OHQ by the methods on the Contact page of our Website.
Can you access and/or correct personal information we hold about you?
You have the right to access any personal information that OHQ processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
If you would like to access your personal information or if you believe that your personal information may be inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, you can make a request for access or correction by contacting OHQ by the methods set forth on the Contact page of our Website. We will endeavour to respond to you request for access and/or correction within a reasonable period after your request is made and we may charge reasonable costs for responding to the request.
How can you report a breach of your privacy?
If you have any concerns that your privacy has been compromised or have any other privacy related complaint, please contact OHQ immediately by a method set forth on the Contact page of our Website. We will then investigate your complaint and provide you with our response within a reasonable time.
General Data Protection Regulation (relevant to users located in the EU)
Capitalized terms and phrases used in this section but not otherwise defined shall have the same meanings given to them in the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). OHQ gather and process your personal information in accordance the GDPR (as amended or updated from time to time). OHQ act as the Data Processor when Processing your Personal Data.
For the purposes of GDPR, OHQ’s designated EU representative is ReceptionHQ LLP (a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with offices at Bunnian Place, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 7JE, United Kingdom) OC358482. ReceptionHQ LLP is registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register; registration number ZA385794
OHQ only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Supervisory authority contact information:
The Information Commissioners Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow – Cheshire SK9 5AF
Phone: +44 1625 545 745
OfficeHQ Pty Ltd
Suite 2, Level 18
45 Clarence Street
Sydney NSW 2000